Direct Access Motorcycle Training in Scotland -
The (DAS) Gold is a Direct Access Motorcycle Training exclusive to Westcoast Bike Training. It is designed for people who want extra training in addition to their basic Direct Access Motorcycle Training. These extra lessons cover skills that are not required for the motorcycle test but are valuable for extra confidence and superior bike handling once out riding in a non-learning environment.
What’s Involved in the DAS Gold Course?
In addition to your standard DAS motorcycle training, you will also learn how to get more out of your bike safely. You will get 4 hours of invaluable training and advice from one of our highly experienced instructors who hold advanced qualifications from Cardington and the Institute of Advanced Motorists.
- The advance lessons will give the student a good grounding to utilize their motorcycle on a variety of roads.[/icon_list style="star"]
What is Covered in the DAS Course?
You will get a full day of Compulsory Basic Training, followed by 20 hours training including your module 1 and 2 tests. During this training you will gain all of the knowledge and skills needed to handle larger motorbikes on the road such as:
- Safety elements of motorcycles
- How to use motorcycle controls effectively
- How to handle a motorcycle in a variety of scenarios from starting, stopping, parking and riding at various speeds.
- Important parts of the highway code and motorcycle specific road awareness elements such as road positioning, hazard perception and making sure you stay visible to other motorists.
You will complete a test after the CBT, Module 1 and Module 2 and need to pass each stage before progressing to the next level of training within the course.
After you are qualified, you will enjoy 4 hours of learning advanced motorcycle handling techniques such as:
- Knowing your limit points when turning at speed
- How to ride faster without taking risks
- Counter steering
Do I Need My Own Bike, Helmet and Protective Clothing?
We have our own fleet of bikes for learners to use. We also provide helmets, gloves and protective leathers which comply with the latest safety regulations.
You can also choose to take your training on your own motorbike. This can save you money on your training course, and also let you become familiar with the bike that you will be riding after passing your test.
The DAS Gold course is £750. There is a £50 discount on the course if you will be using your own bike.
If you want extra lessons during or after your course, you can book these at a lower price of £20 per hour. (Full price when not booked with a course is £25 per hour)
Your training course must be secured with a deposit, and future payments must be made on time. For full details call us today.