Your Compulsory Basic Training (CBT Training) is the first step to getting any bike license. You must pass the CBT test before being able to ride any motorbike or moped on the road.
What’s Involved in the CBT Training?
You will take most this course in our motorcycle training pad where you can safely learn the basics of handling a motorbike. There are five parts to the CBT training, and you must show your instructor that you can complete each part before you can progress to the next part. However, this doesn’t mean that the training has to be stressful. We want all of our new riders to enjoy the experience of learning to ride a motorbike, and will work with you to make sure you are relaxed and confident as you learn.
What is Covered in the CBT Course?
The five areas that you will cover during this training are:
- Introduction to the CBT, including a review of safety equipment and clothing. You will also have to take an driving eyesight test at this stage.
- Introduction to the motorcycle. Your instructor will go over the various controls of the motorcycle how to start and stop the engine and use the stand, as well as basic safety checks.
- In the third part of the CBT you will beging riding and learn how to handle a motorbike. You will start in our training area before heading out to the road under the supervision of one of our instructors to practice your basic skills.
- Next, you will be taught how to safely ride your motorbike on roads. You will also go through the highway code and more in depth road awareness such as road positioning, hazard perception and making sure you stay visible to other motorists.
- The final part of the CBT will be where you demonstrate motorcycle competence on the road. An instructor will ride out with you and assess your performance to make sure that you have good control of the bike and have shown an understanding of road safety.
Do I Need My Own Bike, Helmet and Protective Clothing?
We have our own fleet of bikes for learners to use. We also provide helmets, gloves and protective leathers which comply with the latest safety regulations.
You can also choose to take your training on your own motorbike. This can save you money on your training course, and also let you become familiar with the bike that you will be riding after passing your test.
The CBT Course is £90. There is a £10 discount if you will be using your own bike.
This fee covers one attempt at your CBT test. If you need to take another attempt at your final ride, you will have to pay the full fee again. However, you can guard against this potential cost by purchasing one of our 3 Attempt CBT Test blocks. This will allow you up to 3 attempts at your final ride at no extra cost.
3 Attempt CBT Test package is £120 . If you will be using your own bike, there is a £20 discount.
Your training course must be secured with a deposit, and future payments must be made on time. For full details call us today.